ReCircle serves as a resource for Recycle Colorado members to easily identify users of raw materials, by-products, finished goods and parts and facilitates reuse and recycling opportunities for those materials. Beyond the individual cost savings, ReCircle supports the development of a circular economy in Colorado that promotes economic development and environmental benefits on a regional scale.
- Identify low or no-cost materials to substitute for virgin materials.
- Reduce purchase and disposal costs.
- Free up storage and inventory space and reduce associated costs.
Local economic development
According to Eco-Cycle and COPIRG, nearly $265 million worth of recyclable materials are sent to landfills in Colorado each year. In addition, on average recycling creates 9 times more jobs and reuse creates 30 times more jobs than landfilling does. Not capturing this value is a significant missed economic opportunity. (Link to The State of Recycling in Colorado 2018 Report)
Looking for ways to reuse and recycle waste material streams can help existing organizations innovate within their own business model and potentially encourage new businesses to emerge.
Reduced environmental impact
- Reduced GHG emissions. There is lower energy consumption associated with reusing or recycling raw materials, by-products, finished goods, and parts compared to utilizing virgin materials.
- Reduced primary material consumption.
- Minimize materials sent to landfill.
Environmental performance indicators are becoming increasingly important to investors. Building circularity into your business model adds value.
If your organization creates waste with potential for reuse, Recycle Colorado is happy to work with you to find solutions.