What is ReCircle?
ReCircle, funded by Recycle Colorado and its project partners, is an online platform designed to facilitate the diversion, recovery, repurposing and remanufacturing of materials in Colorado. It supports the development of material circular economies by creating new opportunities to match producers and users of materials and by sharing knowledge to encourage the advancement of infrastructure and end markets for all reusable and recyclable materials. ReCircle is home to four key resources:
1. Materials Exchange
Search, buy, sell, or donate available or wanted materials.
2. Transportation & Logistics Hub (Coming Soon)
Streamline transport and backhaul of materials.
3. Raw Materials & By-Products Database (Coming Soon)
Identify raw materials & by-products generated statewide.
4. Events Calendar
Share events that promote resource diversion and recycling.
Who is it for?
ReCircle is a free resource for all Recycle Colorado members. It’s intended for all producers of by-product material, entities that have end of life products and material, manufacturers, recyclers, haulers, brokers, governments, non-profits and more.
Why is it needed?
- Colorado ranks well below the national average for waste diversion – due in large part to a lack of information and communication.
- Colorado exports most of its recyclable materials.
- In order to attract end users and manufacturers to Colorado, we need to identify the types and quantities of materials generated in the state.
- Rural Colorado lacks infrastructure and funding to get their materials to market in the Front Range.
- A centralized information system is needed to overcome the geographic and financial challenges of transportation across regions in Colorado.
Free for Recycle Colorado Members
ReCircle is a free service for all Recycle Colorado members. It’s intended for all producers of by-product material, entities that have end of life products and material, manufacturers, recyclers, haulers, brokers, governments, non-profits and more.
ReCircle respects a user’s privacy and all information collected through the platform remains confidential. Owners of listings for available and wanted materials are only disclosed after verification and vetting by Recycle Colorado administrators. Information associated with ReCircle is never shared without a user’s permission.
ReCircle’s resources are confidential and not associated with regulatory inspections or compliance. The platform’s primary purpose is to provide a resource to Recycle Colorado members by identifying reuse and recycling opportunities for raw materials, by-products, finished goods and parts generated across Colorado.
ReCircle maintains a database of available and wanted materials that is free to access for Recycle Colorado members. The platform also provides a critical resource for enhancing connectivity and information sharing between manufacturers, end users and service providers throughout Colorado to improve material reuse and recycling.